Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

I Will Travel a Mile for a Cup of (Phuket) Coffee

cappuccino-segafredo-zanetti-phuket
After a nice meal, I usually head out for the next Starbucks for my daily coffee fix. It may mean travelling a few miles, but I simply do not care, I want my coffee today.

Phuket offers so many things to explore, whether your on a business trip or just here for leisure or the sandy beaches, there's some oasis that awaits you.

I found my little oasis in Segafredo Zanetti Espresso at the basement of Phuket's Central Festival mall. Well, frankly I tried going to Starbucks first, but it was crowded and unappealing today. So I tried this one nook conveniently near the koi pond a few steps down.

The Cappuccino latte was excellent, you'd know its good by just looking at the firm "properly textured foam". It was also just hot enough (a good sign in coffee), wonderfully releasing the bitter-sweet espresso aroma, with the all the intense flavour balanced by that beautiful froth. Wow, am I now travelling to mushroom heaven?

Segafredo gave me time to relax, and pound away on my 'tablet' (addiction of the Android kind) while sipping at my favourite drink. For me, coffee calms rather than stimulates, okay let's agree it does a little bit. But it does help me to take a needed break, a distraction away from the concerns of the day. It helps me notice the little things around, a kid playing with her mom, young couples by the bench, shoppers patiently perusing their next 'retail therapy' targets.

There are many, many coffee places in the island. And having decided to stay here in Phuket for a little while, I guess I must try to visit EVERYONE. As the Navy says, "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

See you in my coffee dreams.
phuket-town-at-night

No comments:

Post a Comment